Friday, September 7, 2012

Bourbon Butterscotch Bars


I can honestly say... I made a terrible mistake when taking this photo. I took a picture of an end crunchy side. So I must apologize to this bar, because who wants to eat a crunchy burnt bar, but on the inside (lol, get my joke, but on the inside... like literally on the inside and like beauty) it is a fluffy, light, scrumptious bar, that is lick the bowl delicious! So please if you don't like crunchy bars... don't go! Really this is an awesome bar for you! Don't be discouraged... you have to try it. I know I might say that for like all my recipes, but you just should ok! You just should. Once again this isn't my recipe. I got them from Lemonsforlulu.com. Check it out!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoon bourbon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a 9x13 pan.

Melt the butter in the microwave, and stir in brown sugar, vanilla, and bourbon.

Let cool to room temperature.  Add in eggs, salt, baking powder, and flour. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Pour onto greased pan, and bake for 20-24 minutes, until the bars begin to pull away from the pan sides, and the top looks shiny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment