Monday, August 13, 2012

Bourbon Street Chicken



Once again, I feel very weird because I don't like spicy stuff, but yet this is one of my very favorite recipes. All though I do drink a lot of milk with it. I just love love love it! It is absolutely delicious! My terrible photography does not make this look any bit as appetizing as it is. Sadly, that probably pushes people away. But don't be one of those people! I mean if I love it... it must be good... hahaha kidding. All thought seriously it is quite fantastic. This recipe was found from bigoven.com.

You will need...

2 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil (1-2)
1 garlic clove crushed
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch (if thick sauce desired)
Cooked rice

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.

Add the chicken pieces and cook them until they are lightly brown.

Remove the chicken.

Add the rest of the ingredients, and heat over medium heat until well blended and dissolved.

Next add the chicken and bring to a boil.

Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.

Serve over the hot, cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment