Tuesday, August 14, 2012

French Dip





 French dip. My favorite food kind of food (you know, not desserts) I love love love it. I am like totally in love with dipping crunchy bread into sauces. Au Jus, is my third favorite sauce (first is Chocolate, and second is this bernaise sauce I had at this awesome French restaraunt in a tiny town in Michigan somewhere) is so wonderful, and even more fantastic when bread is dipped in it! I could eat it all the time! So if you love dipping bread into sauces, you gotta make this! Even if you hate dipping bread in stuff you should try this! I make my version a little different, I don't bake the bread (feel free to) and I don't have a top to it, I leave it as a slice with a few layers of roast beef and a piece of cheese on it. You can make it however you want. The big thing is the Au Jus. I found this from (I'm sorry if the link doesn't work, they are having some problems) finedinings.com.

You will need...

1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
1 loaf of thick french bread
Provolone cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste

10 1/2 ounce can of French Onion soup
10 1/2 ounce can of Beef Broth
1 can of COLD water
1/2 teaspoon white granulated sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (I add a pinch or so more for a little more flavor)
1/8 teaspoon salt

Au Jus:
 Combine both soups, water, sugar Worcestershire sauce, and salt together in a saucepan.

Bring to a boil.

Remove from heat.

Strain, and discard the onions.

(Makes 3 1/2 cups)

For the sandwiches, slice up the bread and layer the roast beef, and the cheese, and add salt and pepper to your liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment